Marco Polo December Celebration night

Get on board! We are always pleased to hear your cruise news and views.

Marco Polo December Celebration night

Postby domidog » June 26th, 2012, 10:25 am

I have just booked the December Celebration Dinner, Show and Overnight stay on the MP for a group of 14 for our Christmas do. It seemed great value @ £89 and a good idea to try the ship out, especially as we only live 15 minutes away from Tilbury.

Everyone's expectations seem quite high and now I'm wondering if it's as good a deal/night as is being advertised as I can't seem to find any reviews? Any advice would be much appreciated.
domidog

Re: Marco Polo December Celebration night

Postby Barrowman » June 26th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Hi domidog, that does sound like a good deal to me, having done a ship visit to Marco Polo earlier this year I'm sure you wont be disappointed with your choice of venue.

We had dinner while on board and it was excellent, a show was also provided and that too was excellent, we are now considering a cruise on her for next year some time.....

Anyway I will have to look into the Christmas celebration, that sounds like the sort of thing we may well be interested in and perhaps a few more members of the forum may be as well....

Thanks for posting it.
Regards.....David

Friends are the flowers in the garden of life
Barrowman

Postby Grey Wolf » June 26th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Eighty nine quid ?!! What you havin...Caviar Souffles and Poached Elk ??
Grey Wolf

Postby Barrowman » June 26th, 2012, 1:53 pm

14th 15th and 19th December 2012 - EVE3 Festive Welcome Aboard Marco Polo Dinner, Show & Overnight
Stay on board Marco Polo at the London Cruise Terminal, Tilbury, for a fabulous show and a delicious five course dinner plus stay overnight with breakfast the following morning.

A fantastic opportunity to view Marco Polo’s facilities and cabins, sample the delicious cuisine and enjoy stylish entertainment. Includes welcome cocktails and wine with the meal.
From only £89 per person......

Now where can you stay and have all that for £89 Grey Wolf - Premier Inns is £69 per night and £10 extra if you want breakfast, now the above is a good deal as far as I'm concerned....:)

Friends are the flowers in the garden of life
Barrowman

Postby Fossil » June 26th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Hi Domidog,
Here is a link to the reviews of the Marco Polo on our main site. There are 4 reviews, 2 Day Visits, 1 Cruise and most important one from a person who did last year what you are going to do. Hope they help. http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/Revi ... uctReviews
Fossil

Postby domidog » June 26th, 2012, 7:03 pm

Many thanks for your replies. Glad to hear that the meal and show were excellent David, that's certainly good news.

Grey Wolf, you've just quoted my favourite foods, but maybe a tad rich (?) for Christmas celebrations!

Will now be looking at the link you provided Fossil 1.
domidog

Postby Debbie » June 26th, 2012, 11:44 pm

We had the Silver Travel Advisor Christmas lunch for the team on board the Marco Polo last year, and are seriously considering doing the same thing again this year. It was a great day with good food, a great atmosphere and excellent entertainment. Tilbury is really easy with flat parking and only a couple of minutes' walk to the ship. I thoroughly recommend it! Debbie
Debbie

Postby domidog » June 27th, 2012, 10:17 pm

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your reply. Just a few questions. Was the food a Christmas dinner with all the decorations etc.? Did you have the free cocktails on board and wine with dinner that they advertise and were the drinks prices reasonable?

Sandra
domidog

Return to Cruise